Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cupcake bites anyone?!

For last Saturday's festivities I was assigned to bring dessert. Since I wanted to practice making cupcake bites before Madison's birthday party I thought this would be the perfect time. I had already tried cake pops (which by the way are harder than they look) and they turned out ok. My next attempt was going to be cupcake pops but instead I decided to go with the bites since I heard they were a little easier. Here is a pic of my first attempt...
Not too bad right?! I didn't think so...I actually thought they came out pretty cute. Much better than the cake pops. They were super yummy too! Even the adults were raving about them. Apparently I got everyone on this cake bite kick. hahaha! They were all asking how I made them so they can make some for themselves. After explaining what I did I had to warn everyone that they are VERY time consuming. You definitely have to have patience and plenty of time on  your hands. Being the perfectionist I am it prob took me even longer since I wanted them to not only taste good but look good too. In the next few weeks I think I'll finally attempt to make the cupcake pops. Those were one of my original ideas for Madison's birthday party but I thought I'd warm up first and practice with the easier ones. They say the cupcake pops are the hardest...I guess we'll see how those turn out. I finally found the right mold to make them so I'm hoping I can set a side some time soon to test my skills. I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes...

No comments: