Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just like riding a bike...

What better way to celebrate your 30th birthday than shredding the gnar in Tahoe right?! That is exactly what my cousin's boyfriend decided to do since he loves the snow and we just had a huge storm that dropped tons of fresh powder. Since they were flying up from San Diego we decided to meet them at the Heavenly Ski Resort on the south shore for a day of boarding. We were all super excited to go since...
a) it was the first trip of the season
b) we haven't boarded together in a long time &
c) it just dumped lots of nice FRESH POW!

After gearing up we got on the lift to make our way up the mountain. I have to admit I was very anxious on the way up since this was my first trip back after having Madison. I had missed out all last season since I was pregnant with her. They say snowboarding is like riding a bike where you don't really forget how to do it no matter how long it's been but I was still worried. I didn't want to eat it off the lift or worse...crash really hard and hurt myself. It wasn't so much the pain part of getting hurt I was worried about it was more so if I got hurt how would I take care of Madison? She is my #1 priority so I want to make sure I'm healthy enough to take care of her.

Anyway, as we got closer to the end of the lift I could feel myself "shaking in my boots" hahaha! Sorry guess that's an inside joke. To my surprise I did much better than I expected getting off. We took the first run to the nearest lodge so my cousin could grab a quick snack since she hadn't eaten all morning. I was very nervous going down that first hill but it wasn't so bad after all...I guess snowboarding really is like riding a bike. I took it nice and slow the first couple of runs. That was my first trip to Heavenly and didn't realize how HUMONGOUS it is! Their runs are 4 or 5 times longer than all the other resorts I've gone to. Just to get back to the car from the lodge we had lunch at took us 45 minutes! I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got back and my legs were burning to top it off. Talk about a workout! I think I burned a million calories that day! Hahaha! It was all so worth it though.

Here are a couple pictures from our fun filled day. There aren't many since we were too busy having a good time to stop for a picture but you know we had to get a couple in there. I'm hoping to get back up the mountain again very soon especially since there is so much snow right now. I still can't believe how much snow there was in the beginning of Dec usually we don't see snow like that until atleast Jan or Feb. Who knew this snow season would be so epic! So glad I didn't miss out on this one!
Reunited with my favorite snow bunny! =)
Now I know why they call it HEAVENLY! ;)
Can you tell I was excited to get back up the moutain?! heehee!

No comments: