Friday, June 11, 2010

37 weeks...and the countdown begins!

So today we are 37 weeks along and considered full term. Meaning our little princess can come ANY DAY now! Ahhh...I'm sooo excited and nervous at the same time! They say she should weigh around 6 1/3 pounds and measure a little over 19 inches. From now on she should also be gaining about half an ounce a day which is probably why I'm starting to feel more aches and pains. Luckily I'm not having too many issues sleeping through the night, but when I wake up in the morning my entire back is killing me. I assume it's from all the weight in my belly but who knows. I've kind of given up on watching what I eat since we're so close to the end and my weight gain isn't too bad. I figure I might as well enjoy eating now since it'll be a whole different story once Madison arrives.

It still feels so surreal that we're so close to meeting her...the suspense is killing me! I just want to know when she'll be here. Every little ache and pain that I feel in my stomach makes me stop and think "Is it time?" but then nothing. I'm not even sure if I know what a contraction feels like. The doctor explained it to me but since this is my first pregnancy I'm still unsure. I thought I would a least feel some Braxton Hicks contractions but I haven't notice anything. I get a pain/cramp every once in awhile but it doesn't last very long. They say when a real one comes I'll know so we'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'm hoping Jaime will be home when they start. It's really not a big deal if he isn't since they want me to labor at home during the early stages, but it still would be nice to have him here when they do. He's now driving separately to work instead of carpooling since we don't know when I'll go into labor. It's all just a waiting game at this point...

So..I've only been on maternity leave for a week and I hate to admit that I'm actually a little bored. Can you believe it?! I didn't think that would ever happen! I guess it's because I've spent most of my time at home which I'm still trying to get use to. I rest as much as possible as well as make sure I have everything prepared for when baby girl decides to come. I FINALLY packed my hospital bag the other day which made Jaime happy. He's been bugging me about it for a while now. I assume it's because I was 3 weeks early and he is afraid Madison might be as well. I guess I should really enjoy all the down time now since my world can change any day now. I know it'll all be worth it so I'm ready! =)
 
I think that's about it for now...we'll have to see if I make it til next week. I'll keep you all posted! Here's our 37 week bump pic.

37 weeks

No comments: