Thursday, January 5, 2012

37 weeks...and nesting!

I'm 37 weeks today and considered full term...I can't believe how time has flown by! Baby boy can come anyday now, but I'm kind of hoping he hangs in there for another week or so just so I can finish up cleaning & organizing some things around the house and rest a little bit. I've been on maternity leave for a week now and I've noticed this time around I'm in full nesting mode. With Madison I really only nested in her room but with baby boy it's the complete opposite! I've barely done anything with his room (I know...so bad!) but I figured he won't be in there for a few months so why stress myself out and rush?! The rest of the house needs more attention in my opinion so I've been doing everything I can to get it in order before our lil' man gets here. I have a feeling once he's here I won't have much time to do any house chores with two kids under two! Right now I feel like no matter what I do I can't seem to get my house clean/organized! It's so frustrating to me...but I do what I can. Because I'm carrying around this HUGE belly these days it takes a lot out of me to even do the dishes! By the time I'm done my back is KILLIN' me...it sucks! Bending over isn't so easy either...so picking up after a 1 1/2 year old can be a little challenging. Thank God I have Jaime! I think I'd go insane if he weren't around to help me. He does a lot when he's off and still tries to help me even after a long day of work. I still don't know how he does it?! Working 12 hours then coming home to deal with my crazy nesting mode! Poor guy!

You would think with this state of mind baby boy's nursery would be one of the first things on my list to finish but as I said previously there isn't really a point to stress over it since he won't be in there for a few more months. We didn't transition Madison into her room until she was about 4 months old so we'll probably do the same with this guy. Luckily there isn't much to do in his room since it's already painted. I guess it was a good idea we picked a sage green color when we had it painted a few years back...it goes perfectly with the bedding we chose for him. Just to switch it up a little bit I'm trying to convince Jaime to paint an accent wall...we'll see how that goes. I'll make sure to post pictures once we finally finish it...in a few months! hahaha! The main things that need to be done like his closet & dresser are all set to go. I have it organized by color and size..all the necessary items like clothes, blankets, etc. are washed and ready for baby boy's arrival. All I have left to do is pack my hospital bag which I'm hoping to have done this weekend. I have my next prenatal appointment in a little over a week. If we make it to that appointment I'll make sure to give you an update. For now here is my latest bump pic. All I can say is WOA! I look like I'm going to pop! hahaha!!!

No comments: