Friday, August 26, 2011

18 week check up

So this morning I went in to see the doctor for my 18 week check up. We went over all my lab results and the doctor said everything looked good including my blood pressure & weight. Phew! We also listed to the baby's heartbeat again and this time his/her heart rate was around 150 (last time it was 155-160). That was an interesting surprise since Madison's was consistently 155 at all my appts. While the doctor was looking for baby's heartbeat she mentioned how active he/she was. I thought that was pretty funny considering I've been feeling him/her moving a lot in the last week or so. I had forgotten what it felt like so when I first noticed it made me realize how much I missed that feeling. It also reminded me...there really is a baby in there & I'm not just gaining weight. hahaha! So here is our latest bump pic.


You can definitely tell the baby is growing. I swear I look like I'm over 5 months and not 4 1/2. The funny thing is that even though I look much bigger than when I was pregnant with Madison I weigh less. Isn't that crazy?! I can still wear most of my regular jeans and haven't had to put on any maternity pants yet! We'll see how much longer that lasts. hahaha! I'm thinking...if I'm lucky I'll have another week or two before putting on the stretchy pants. =) We're suppose to find out if Madison is going to have a baby brother or sister very soon. I'll keep you all posted...

No comments: