Friday, July 2, 2010

40 weeks...our due date!

So we reached our due date and baby Madison STILL isn't here! We thought forsure she'd be here by now but I guess she wanted to prove us wrong and show us who's boss. =) Since I was 40 weeks along I had a Dr.'s appt to see how she was doing and if I dilated yet. Thankfully Madison  was doing great and to our surprise I was almost 2 cm and 60% effaced. Since I was FINALLY dilated the Dr. was able to strip my membranes which can help to induce labor. Although it's a very uncomfortable procedure and only works 50% of the time I was willing to try anything at this point. I just wanted to meet our baby already!

I pulled out all the stops that day...on top of stripping my membranes (sounds so gross doesn't it?!) we took my in-laws to the Concord Mall so they could shop and I could get a little walking in. After working up an appetite we decided to try out the famous "Preggo Pizza" at Skipolini's. I was a little hesitant about it since I've only known it to work on a couple people but I figured why not give it a shot. I love to eat pizza anyway! Here is a picture of the yummy concoction...
It had salami, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, extra onions, sausage, ground beef, linguisa, extra garlic, parmesan, and oregano. I'm not a big fan of that many toppings on my pizza, but I have to admit...it was delish!  I'd eat it even if I wasn't pregnant! hahaha! Jaime, his mom,  & sister agreed. It was very filling too, I was stuffed after just 2 pieces!

After a loooong day of trying every remedy possible to induce labor we finally went home to relax. I had felt a little bit of cramping throughout the day but didn't think much of it since I was told that was an effect of having my membranes stripped. Before going to bed I had a glass of red raspberry leaf tea...my last attempt to help little Madison along (can you tell I wanted her out?! hahaha!). I was planning on going to bed early but got caught up reading the latest Stephanie Meyer's book. Before I knew it, it was midnight. I decided to finally put the book down to get some rest.

No comments: