Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snowboarding...my therapy!

With all that Jaime & I have been through the last month we felt it was time to take a break & enjoy some quality time together. What better way to do that than sharing in our favorite pastime...SNOWBOARDING!!!

I have to tell you I wasn't the biggest fan of the sport when I first started. I actually hated it! I had no idea how different it was from skiing. I figured I'd catch on without a problem considering I knew how to ski. Boy was I wrong! They are two totally different sports. I spent my first season boarding the wrong way! I guess that may have been the reason why I didn't seem to get it. I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong but I was determined. After a few trips into the 2nd season we finally decided to try switching my stance and viola...it worked! I'm not shredding the gnar =) or doing crazy stunts but I really enjoy it now. It's definitely therapeutic for me. I think the best part about it is that it's something Jaime and I both love & can do together.

So...our first trip of the season was to Northstar. We were hoping it would be a nice day considering how crazy the weather has been but we had no idea how lucky we'd be. The day was PERFECT! Not a cloud in the sky! We were enjoying ourselves so much we didn't realize the time. Before we knew it the day was over and we had to go back to reality! =(

I always enjoy our trips up the mountain & hope to we can get in a couple more. Here are a few pics I thought I'd share.

No comments: