Friday, January 29, 2010

18 weeks and counting...

So here we are...four and a half months along! According my weekly email update that the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. Not much has changed except the fact that my belly is definitely growing. Our little munchkin should be doubling in size so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at the changes. I still feel like I just have a huge gut but thankfully everyone else thinks otherwise. I've been trying very hard to stay on track with my weight so I started a weekly weight gain journal. So far so good! I've been told I should only gain 1 lb a week from now until I deliver and I've been doing just that! We'll see how long it lasts! hahaha! I have my fingers crossed that I can stay this motivated. It's tough when all that sounds good are things that I shouldn't eat. Luckily it's not to the point where I HAVE to have it! I'd say I have more food aversions than anything else right now. Shockingly, I am not a fan of red meat, which is totally opposite of my pre-pregnancy appetite. I wonder if that will change after the baby is born? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Speaking of seeing...Jaime & I have our next ultrasound appt in just 2 weeks. We get to find out what we're having and we're SOOOO excited! We can't wait!!! We were both a little torn on whether we wanted to know but considering how long we've waited for this moment we decided to find out. They say a mother's intuition on what she is having is usually right, but I still keep going back and forth. When I first found out I was pregnant I automatically assumed it would be a girl since that's all we seem to have in the family, but as time went on I noticed I would unconsciously say he or him and I started to think it was a boy. Now that I'm showing more majority say it's a girl which is starting to make me change my mind. hahaha! I guess we'll have a nice surprise in 2 weeks! I'll make sure to keep you posted! For now here is a shot of the "bump" at 18 weeks...there's definitely something growing in there! =)

No comments: